Jewell School District is seeking a Special Education Teacher with Handicapped Learner, or Special Education endorsement Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Develop and implement instruction using researched based and/ or evidence based curriculum and methodology.
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct IEP meetings.
- Write IEP with detailed and complete present level of performance leading to measureable annual goals and objectives. Present draft at IEP meeting and solicit input from parents, classroom teachers and other stakeholders. Revised the IEP as appropriate to reflect team consensus.
- Provide information and support to regular education teachers for the development of special education transition plans, articulation of IEP goals with treatment goals, interpretation of data, and appropriate interventions.
- Participate in various standing teams including grade level teams and the Student Support Team.
- Work in a manner that makes student learning and the general education curriculum a priority.
- Consult with related service providers in the areas of autism, vision, hearing, speech, occupational therapy, physical therapy, Special Education, etc. for the purpose of providing high quality services to student and families under the IEP.
- Maintain a written schedule for Instructional Assistants and students.
- Supervise and direct Special Ed. Instructional Assistants.
- Communicate with children and parents in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator.
- Full Time
- $45,008/yr - $96,094 /yr plus a generous and competitive benefit package
Please submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (3 required)
- Online Application Form - email and request the link