Allina Health is seeking an experienced corporate health law and contracts attorney to practice in a collaborative team environment, under the general direction of the VP & Deputy General Counsel of Corporate Legal Affairs. The candidate will focus on health care transactions and contracting (assisting on M&A teams, negotiating and drafting contracts, and advising on compliance with the Stark Law, AKS, and various other regulations) for multiple business units as well as clinical service lines across the enterprise.
The Associate General Counsel Senior role is a key member of the Allina Health legal team. Principle responsibilities include:
- Draft, negotiate and advise on physician, healthcare and general business contracts.
- Provide legal and strategic support for initiatives involving mergers, acquisitions and strategic affiliations.
- Research, analyze and provide legal advice related to compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Independently manage complex legal matters and exercise appropriate judgment regarding when matters should be coordinated with others or escalated.
- Provide timely, succinct and practical legal advice and work product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the health care industry and tax-exempt organizations and expertise in general corporate legal work, drafting and negotiating contracts, and structuring mergers and acquisitions
- Preference for a candidate who has experience with private equity transactions and/or information technology transactions.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities and tasks in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills, judgment and critical thinking.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- 7+ years of extensive experience representing health care clients
- Must be admitted to practice in MN (or eligible)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere for our employees, patients, and community. Allina Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.