Seeking a IT Project Manager to lead high performance teams and business critical technology programs to build world class investment banking solutions within Citi Global Wealth and Investment Technology Group (CGW).
The Senior Program Manager will oversee the development of several key modules of its portfolio management and trading platforms. The position involves overseeing global application teams and responsible for developing process automation, trading capabilities, as well as driving the strategy and solutions for these functions. Global application teams are in US, Singapore, and India. This is a critical role providing balance between strategy development and hands-on leadership and people management.
Lead multiple complex projects independently
Provide oversight to all programs and projects within the portfolio
Interact with Senior Management to articulate project status, develop a roadmap for future business success and regularly report on key milestones
Ensure adherence to and develop best practices supporting Citi's engineering and SDLC related efforts
Job Background / Context:
The Citi Global Wealth and Investment Technology Group (CGW) is an exciting and growing business. Our 800 private bankers and product specialists, located in 51 offices in 16 countries, act as trusted advisors to many of the world's most successful and influential individuals and families. Citi is growing our global wealth franchise by providing highly sophisticated institutional-level solutions along with traditional private banking offerings such as trust and lending. O&T is a key component for the Bank allowing Citi to bring together the consumer and institutional capabilities for providing innovative and insightful solutions for our clients. The application is currently built using Java and HTML5 and available on various custom and leading vendor portfolio management and trading platform
You will work on day-to-day basis with highly motivated development team members and other stakeholders to solve business problems using principles of Agile software development. You will analyze the existing team strength and build an agile culture within teams by streamlining the delivery process, inoculating the practice of agile and scrum, building efficiencies by using data driven approach, using project management tools to manage one or more banking initiative and measure success using pre-defined metrics like cost, time, effort, quality etc.
In short, you will be steering the global development teams to successfully solve business problems and delight customers while ensuring appropriate management of program level reporting, resource management and financial tracking.
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program level summary, status and risks to senior management and business stakeholders throughout its life cycle and represent the technology team on Operating Committee and program review forums.
• End to end responsible for aiding the Development and Product lead(s) on banking initiatives and theme delivery using agile and lean approach.
• Responsible for enabling Development in various sprint events, metrics, conflict resolution and other agile values within the teams (including vendor staffs) to build self-organizing teams
• With minimal information, assist the Development /Product leads in planning and estimation.
• Track and refine plans and initiatives per delivery execution Issues, Risks and Dependencies.
• Help the program owner and initiative manager by managing projects and budgets on monthly basis with tools such as Confluence, Jira and SharePoint for collaborative information sharing and tracking.
• Should be adept in working with multiple stakeholders such as the Business and others to clarify requirements, resolve conflicting priorities, remove impediments, and build quality processes.
• Support the Development teams to higher levels of performance by providing and tracking acceleration metrics to take corrective and preventive actions
• Program governance on risk, financials, resources, scope, communication, timeline, post-go-live monitoring.
• Coordinate with multiple project managers for program financials update on a regular basis and support any ad-hoc requests
• 6+ years of IT experience leading global development teams as Program Manager, years working in the financial sector supporting investment management and portfolio management
• Experience in managing large scale programs with multiple project teams
• Demonstrated knowledge of client core business functions
• Demonstrated leadership, program management, and excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Relationship and consensus building skills
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
• Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Technology Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (~~~) .
View the "EEO is the Law (~~~) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (~~~) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (~~~) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (~~~)
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.