Weiler Engineering, Inc. • Belvidere, IL 61008
Assembly / Technician
Classification: Hourly non-exempt
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor/Director of Manufacturing
Date: April 2023
The Assembler/Technician has great growth potential to learn about Blow/Fill/Seal technology which is primarily used in the pharmaceutical industry. Domestic and international travel will be required to visit customer’s facilities after appropriate training and knowledge of our equipment is achieved.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Utilizes your mechanical and technical expertise to assemble, setup, process, debug and maintain our Blow/Fill/Seal pharmaceutical grade machines.
• Use 2D and 3D drawings to complete mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assemblies using hand and power tools
• Perform all duties within written and normal expected procedures to eliminate possible damage to tools, equipment, facilities, and personnel
• Prepare equipment for processing by performing alignments, integrity checks and motion test of assemblies
• Perform diagnostic adjustment to machine controls to improve process of machine
• Provide support to team members to help ensure successful Acceptance tests
• Disassemble, diagnose, and repair assemblies as needed
• Excellent communication skills required (verbal, written and interpersonal)
• Strong mechanical and technical skills
• Excellent organization, time management skills with customer focus.
• Attention to detail
• Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
• Team player and flexible with changing work assignments
• Positive attitude and respectful team player
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this job employee has exposure to a manufacturing environment such as, moving cranes, fork-lift, and various metal machining centers. OSHA approved safety glasses and footwear must be worn at all times on the plant floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• This position is very active and requires the ability to walk, bend, squat, carry, stoop, kneel, crouch, or stand for prolonged periods of time
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 lbs. with assistance
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
• Must be able to easily go up and down stairs and occasionally use a stepladder. Ability to move or transfer products with a fork truck, pallet jack or by hand
• Manual Dexterity – the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. Wrist-Finger speed – the ability to make fast, simple repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrist. Arm-Hand Steadiness, the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal hours of work are Monday through Friday. OT and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
Must maintain a current passport and obtain any vaccinations required for travel.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma
• Basic reading, writing and math skills
• 2+ years working in a manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Experience in operating a forklift helpful
•Additional professional certification will be required to obtain PMMI Certified Trainer when appropriate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Tradesmen International, Inc. • Rockford, IL 61106 • Nov 12, 2022
AAR • Rockford, IL 61106 • May 9
Aerotek • Huntley, IL 60142 • 13 Days Ago